Monday, February 23, 2009

The Basics of Our Government

As this is my first posting, let me start off talking about what I believe in. 
I believe that this country is the greatest country on earth. I also believe that the basis for this country's greatness lies in it's founding; in the mandates of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Without all of these in place, the country will begin to fall away from greatness and become a country just like any other. 
I believe that the pursuit of happiness is the key phrase to pay attention to. In this country we have the right to chase after our happiness for as long as we live, with as much effort as we can muster. However, we must always remember that it is our own, personal right, not the right granted to our government. Our government cannot and will never guide us to happiness. Our national government was established to protect our country from attack and to keep our country strong stable. That's it. All the rest is up to us, our local governments, and the free will and entrepreneurial spirit in us all. As time goes on, I'm sure I will expand on these thoughts more.
I believe that life and liberty are given to us by God above and therefore cannot and should not be tampered with by government control in our lives. The more government is involved directly in the everyday aspects of our lives, the less liberty we have; the less freedom we have. These freedoms we all take for granted everyday are being taken away from us slowly but surely and we must do what we can to protect them.
I do not write as a radical, looking for sweeping change; but rather as a concerned citizen who has seen enough going on in the political world for me to break my silence. I hope that you as a reader find my postings insightful and maybe eye opening. Thank you for reading, and as always, I will do my best to respond to all serious comments posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment