Sunday, March 1, 2009

Well Deserved Thank-You's

I would like to take a moment this morning to thank some people for what they do for this country. I could never make a list as comprehensive as deserved by so many who hold up this country and hold on to what it stands for and what it can be, but I wanted to take a shot at thanking some. So anyway, here goes...
Thank you to all the American troops that are overseas, both those whom we know about fully, (Iraq, Afghanistan), and those whose jobs take them to secret locations around the world. Thank you all for doing what so many in this country forget about; protecting each one of us and the freedoms and liberty's we count on for our lives.
Thank you to all of those in the government who have stepped up, been recognized as leaders, and hold positions of authority. Whether you and I agree on what's happening, I truly believe that the politicians in this country are genuine, and really believe in what they're doing. Thank you for putting the time, energy, and effort into all you do; and here's hoping for a better tomorrow and for a grand debate on the future direction of this country.
Thank you to those people in this country who, while being the everyday, average person, steps up to the civic plate and becomes an informed citizen. To those who pay attention to what's happening in Washington D.C. everyday, to those who are willing to hold healthy debate for the sake of this country, I thank you. 
Of course, a big thank you to all those whom I have not included on this list. I never could make a comprehensive enough list, I would have to type for days. Thank you all and God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment